Monday, October 8, 2012

En route to Russia

We are in Moscow.  I somehow picked horrible seats on the trans-Atlantic flight and we didn't get much sleep.  We were pretty much passed out coming to Moscow so that was good.  We ordered kosher meals and there was so much food served we hoarded some of it for later, which was a nice bonus.  Getting through the passport check, finding our luggage and the hotel was somewhat of a comedy of errors. Everything took way longer than we expected and we didn't expect our luggage was already taken off the belts and moved off to the side.   I carried some documents for Frank Adoption Center's people here in Moscow but somehow the person in my office was vague and I thought she meant Stavropol.  The poor man waiting hours for us to show up at the hotel and I was so surprised when he asked me for the documents.  That's it for tonight.  We now have a much better sense of the airport and shouldn't have a problem finding our way to our flight tomorrow.  It's all a learning experience and since we will be back, it's all good to have learned this on the first trip. We got a cheapie room with two twin beds and no window.  It's fine for a few hours' sleep and a shower.  We look forward to getting in to Stavropol tomorrow and seeing the city since I don't think anything is scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment